Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Deadjournal Entry 3/5/2012

So it goes.


I like that the blogger.com logo comes before my blog name


LP


because those are my initials. My name is Lauren and I picked up the sweetest moniker a few years ago from a group compiled of actors, designers, and artists- LP. It's not a big deal, really. Like I said, my initials are BLP. But something about it is so endearing and fun, just like that rag tag group of weirdos in Tampa. Tampa is where I started my adulthood and where I became a teacher and an activist.

Now I live in Brooklyn, NY with two cats and two dudes. They don't give me nicknames, except one of them endearingly calls me Baby Farts sometimes. Both the dudes work in advertising and I work at a nonprofit organization helping the underserved and homeless populations in Manhattan's Upper West Side and West Harlem. The cats don't work at all, it's really disappointing.

In creating this blog, I hope to document
  • my work
  • my clothes 
  • my interests 
  • my humdrum life
  • the things I like to cook
But, to be fair
  • I can't disclose a lot about my job, I own one pair of jeggings, I'm mostly interested in cats, my life is mostly led online, and I am a vegetarian. 
Take all that for what you will.



No comments:

Post a Comment